It can happen in the blink of an eye and without notice. We go about our lives, getting on or off elevators, trying to keep our footing on the snow, or simply not watching where we are going and experiencing a potentially devastating slip, trip, or fall. Unfortunately, slips happen often, and they can result in serious injuries. If you or a family member are injured due to another’s negligence, the personal injury attorneys at Williams Stone, PC can help.
The truth is, everyone is at risk of slipping or tripping on something or someplace. In fact, more than 1.8 million Americans over the age of 65 alone are treated in an emergency room due solely to slip and fall accidents. If you or a family member is one of these people and you live in Northern Virginia, we want to help.
We offer legal help to those who have suffered injuries during a slip and fall accident. We know what it takes to win your premises liability case. We can help you quickly recover compensation for lost wages, medical expenses, pain and suffering, mental distress, disfigurement, permanent injuries, and more.
Why Should I Consider A Lawyer For My Accident Or Injury?
When someone is injured in a slip and fall accident, the law generally assumes negligence on the property owner’s part. To win your case, the property owner must have failed to meet a reasonable standard of care, which they should have noticed and fixed. However, representing yourself may not always be in your best interest.
Investing in a qualified Virginia personal injury lawyer can make the difference between winning and losing your case. Our lawyers work diligently and with pride to provide our clients with the information they need to get the compensation they deserve. We know how to build a strong case and explain complicated legal concepts in your unique situation.
The value we add includes:
- Expertise. You will have access to attorneys with years of experience who can offer invaluable insight and advice from previous cases.
- Teamwork. Your lawyer is not just a legal representative but a team member. We work closely with clients to ensure they feel comfortable and informed of the process.
- Commitment. Your attorney will work hard to win your case, so you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
- Advocacy. We will stand by your side with the support and guidance you need to pursue justice so that you can focus on the road to recovery.
If you or a family member has been injured in a slip and fall accident, we can help. Do not delay in seeking the legal help you need to earn as much compensation as possible.
What Can I Be Compensated For?
Slip, trip, and fall accidents result in various injuries that can impact your life in different ways. You or your family member may be struggling to make ends meet. However, working with an attorney can secure your compensation for several different factors:
- Lost wages. If you cannot work post-injury, our attorneys can help you seek compensation for your lost income. You may also recover compensation for future lost wages if you are left unable to work due to your injuries.
- Medical expenses. Even if you can return to work, you may be dealing with out-of-pocket medical expenses that can add up quickly. This includes visits to medical professionals, prescriptions, and lost items that may have been needed.
- Pain and suffering. When you or a family member is injured in an accident, the pain and suffering that follows can be overwhelming. This is an area that our attorneys can help with by seeking compensation to assist with the mental and physical suffering that can follow.
- Disfigurement. You or a family member may be left with disfiguring injuries that will affect the way you look for the rest of your life. This can be especially tough on your mental health, so an attorney can help with the process of seeking compensation.
- Permanent injuries. You or a family member may be suffering from permanent limitations to normal life.
These are just some things that a successful premises liability or slip and fall accident claim could include compensation for.
Contact Williams Stone, PC Today
When you or a family member has been injured in a slip and fall accident, it’s important to secure legal help as soon as you can. Our experienced slip and fall accident attorneys are available to answer your questions about the best strategy for pursuing compensation. Contact us today to begin the type of partnership that could make the difference between winning and losing your slip and fall case.